Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Ghostly Greetings…I Know I'm Late!

Yes, I know Halloween is over.  

But I'm a little bit behind finishing my "Party with Patrick" project for October


It's this adorable wall hanging called, "Ghostly Greetings".
  

It's appliquéd without stitching down the edges of the appliqués.  

I did blanket stitch just the moon appliqué and I tacked down the bats, ghosts eyes and the towers so I didn't have to worry about the spray adhesive coming loose.  

And those are the tiniest windows on the tower.

I had adhesive all over my fingers trying to tack them down.

I finally stitched them down with yellow thread.    


The top layer of the wall hanging has black netting fabric placed over the appliquéd body to give a misty, murky feeling to the dark night. 


I used black felt for the rock/castle, bats and ghosts' eyes and mouth.  

I tried to give the ghosts a more 3D effect by layering batting and white fabric together.


The back is a cute Halloween flannel fabric I received as a gift from my sewing store.  

And I love the fabric I used for the binding.  

It just pulls the colors together and makes the wall hanging POP.
  

It's hanging on my refrigerator as I type this...too cute to set aside for next year just yet. 
   

Thanks for visiting me!

1 comment: