Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!


We're all ready for the Trick 'r Treaters here at Teacup Lane!

The other day I was visiting a blog where the blogger mentioned finding a vintage pumpkin candle just like the one I have above. 

I never thought about this one being vintage.

I've had it a long time but can't remember when or where I bought it. 

Probably back in the 70s or 80s.  


I baked about five dozen chocolate chip cookies yesterday and popped them into the freezer for Christmas.  

Of course, we HAD to treat ourselves to a warm cookie and a cold glass of milk!

My Christmas cookie baking is finished! 

 It's so nice to have that project behind me.  

While making the sugar cookies last weekend I put on a Christmas playlist on my iPhone!  

I love listening to Christmas music.
  

Today I'm sewing on my Pumpkin Patch table topper mat.  

I hope to get all of the appliqués cut out and glued down.  

Maybe even start the satin stitching.

It's another dark day here so my photos are a little fuzzy.  


I've been crocheting mostly in the evenings on my hexagon lap throw in red, white and turquoise yarn.  

I'm not happy with attaching these hexagons together.  

The "look,"I mean.  

But I've tried sewing them together in the back loops (not!) and finally settled on single crocheting each round.   

Oh, well...hopefully once it's all together with a nice edging maybe I will be more pleased. 


Happy Halloween!



2 comments:

  1. I am almost positive that I remember the pumpkin candle from my childhood. I was born in 1978, for whatever that's worth. :) I love your tabletopper and crochet, both projects look beautiful. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pumpkin candle is definitely vintage, Sandy. Love all your decor, and I am so impressed that you are done with cookie baking for Christmas. Blanket looks really pretty, but I can imagine it is not easy joining those hexagons. xo

    ReplyDelete