Saturday, June 22, 2013

Another Embroidered Cosmetic Bag...


I hope you are not tired of these...

I found two striped seersucker fabrics in my stash...one beige and white and the other blue and white that are perfect to make more little cosmetic bags. 


I chose an interesting circle motif to embroider on the exterior of the bag.  

Half of the design will be one one side of the bag and the other half will be on the opposite side. 

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to add any more decorative stitches before I add the zipper.


This is a three thread color motif....dark brown (center), light beige and light green.

I'm sewing a lining out of the same striped seersucker fabric too.  

I found an excellent tutorial (here) for a similar bag with a lining to reference so I understand don't goof where to place  the three layers:  external fabric, zipper and lining.
  

Bethany's tutorial really helped me with the zipper placement when adding a lining.  

Thanks so much Sweet Bee Buzzings!


You have to make sure the zipper is open partially (so you can turn the bag inside out later) before you sew up the sides.

See...I did add a row of decorative beige leaves across the top of the bag.


And you can't forget to leave a small opening in one of the lining's sides to turn the bag inside out.

After it's turned the last step I sewed up the interior lining's side opening.

The blue chalk markings will wash off with a little water thank goodness.
  

I love the lining!


It is so cute!  

I was hoping it would be nice in case I decide to give it away as a gift.  

I'm going to make the blue and white striped one next.  

These little bags are perfect little projects to practice all of the embroidery and decorative stitches on my new Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000.

It's great to be sewing again!

Have a wonderful Father's Day Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like the color choices and the fabric. Those embroidery machines are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. What a great project!
    I just purchased an embroidery machine and I am having fun learning all the things that it can do. Although; I am a little bite nervous, I'm so afraid that I'll break something. I've had it three days now, a present to myself that I have been thinking about for years :) I'll have to go through some of your archives and get some more ideas :)
    Have a lovely day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty and one of a kind. You are really doing great projects with your new machine, Sandy. Fabric is very pretty, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's really cute. you've done a great job there.

    ReplyDelete