Monday, August 6, 2012

The Last Round...Up


Fruit Punch Tote

We all dread sewing the ends in...but I knew I would feel better once that was done. 

 I sat last night watching TV for several HOURS and finally finished that task.

It's the price I pay to have lots of color.




Doesn't my ripple throw,"Spring Time," look delicious as a background for the squares? 

 The ripple throw has many of the same yarn colors in it.

Today I'm going to look through my fabric stash to see if I have any fabric that would make a nice lining for the tote.

If not, I'll have to make a trip to Joann's Fabrics. 

 What a sacrifice !

Wish there was something I could do with all these ends of yarn. 

 I put some out for the birds this past spring but I don't think they found it.

With all this heat we've been spending our time indoors working on projects.  I've had to rest more to treat my bursitis in my right hip with ice packs which means I haven't been able to keep up with weeding in our front landscaped area.  Hubby just knocked on the french doors to show me a 3 foot weed he cut down in the front.  Unfortunately it's just one of many.  It seems we can't stop those darn weeds from taking over.  It's so frustrating.

Enough of that weed crap...I'm actually feeling a tad better.  I even had moments over the weekend I didn't even think about my hip (bursitis).  I guess the physical therapy is working.  I've scheduled three PT treatments this week and next.  We were planning to take an RV van trip out to Colorado towards the end of August so I'm hoping I can be well by then and out of discomfort and pain.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  

Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!

         
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. Your crochet is just so lovely! :) I cant wait to see the finished tote. I'm glad you are feeling a little better too, pain can be very draining.
    As far as the yarn scraps are concerned if you get a bird feeder and stuff it full then hang it from a tree the birds will find it easier :) It could also be used for stuffing I guess? Maybe a toy or something?

    Jerra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really tackled this project, Sandy. The colors are gorgeous, and worth the time spent sewing in all the ends, I think. Glad you are feeling better. I have weeds that tall as well, it has just been too hot and humid for me to go out there. Waiting (im)patiently for less humid weather. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the ends to weave in can be a pain, but so worth it! These squares are beautiful and the coloring is incredible. I can't wait to see this all assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy colours. I love the feeling of sewn in ends - done!
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your hip gets better, Sandy. Your project...delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those squares would make such a fun summery blanket !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sandy the colors are so pretty....I love them!! and I really like how you are crocheting them together. I usually chain and slip stitch across.
    I have been sewing quilts all summer.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom used to do this before and make a table cloth. I know its hard using
    a different color. great job!

    ReplyDelete