Monday, October 10, 2011

My Rainbow Ruffles Scarf


My Rainbow Ruffles Scarf is finished!  

Colorful...bright and cheery!

This is an easy project to use up all your left over yarns.

I'm still using up my Caron Simply Soft yarns that I used on my Flower Petal Cushion (here).  


Love the rainbow colors of this scarf!

For this scarf I arranged the colors in a rainbow hue pattern.





You can obtain the Ruffles Scarf pattern (here).

I like the Red Heart yarn website.  

It is filled with lots of FREE patterns with great photos and good instructions.

If you don't care for this pattern they have so many wonderful ones to choose from at their website.


My Rainbow Ruffle Scarf

I changed the pattern slightly where the two pieces are crocheted together at the back of the neck.  I added another ruffle in yellow and green and crocheted them together right above the extra ruffle.  


So...what is next?  

Well... I still have yarn left in these rainbow colors... and while at Michaels the other day I saw a scrap afghan in a new book called "Scrap Crochet" by Connie Ellison that had an interesting and different stitch.   I bought the book...came home and started my new project....

Rainbow Scrap Afghan

Rainbow Scrap Afghan

I'm making the scrap afghan shown on the cover of the book.  

Fun new project using scrap yarn...Rainbow Scrap Afghan

I'm adding two colors to separate my rainbow shades...white and black. 

I wish I could crochet today but I have to clean the porch furniture so we can put it all away in the shed.   By the time we come back from our Florida road trip it will be November and too cold to be out on the porch. 



  Have a lovely day and thanks for visiting!

Join me for:

Lit & Laundry for Finished For Friday
Annmarie's Crochet Blog (here)

6 comments:

  1. Oh! Love this - it is beautiful!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scarf! It looks warm and snuggly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love the colors. I shall have to check out that book.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours on the scarf I must learn to crochet afraid I can only knit and cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these rainbow colors are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been working on a rainbow scarf but using the shell stitch. I really love your ruffle scarf it's beautiful. Maybe I will try that next. I also have the same book. I really like the blanket your making it's so pretty!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete