Friday, September 2, 2011

Errrr....Trying Again

First try!


I have wanted to try crocheting one of those cute Attic24 Blooming Bloody Flower pillow covers (pattern here) that have been all over blogland.  

So I gathered some left over Simply Soft acrylic yarn and started this one.  

First couple rounds were ok and yeah maybe I fudged some here and there but by the last round I found out I was off ten...yes...ten...stitches too many.  

Maybe I better start over.

Starting over...

Beginning of the 2nd one.  

It's simple really...five stitches to each flower petal. 

I got that. 

So why am I having trouble?  

Are you like me and hate to count stitches?   

Or, at least, I don't want to think about counting.   

Seriously it really makes watching TV at the same time tough.

This time I will frog any round that doesn't come out to the correct stitch count.

I may be working on this one for quite awhile.

Wish me luck!   


Join me for:
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
                                Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
                                          Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday

8 comments:

  1. Good luck I can not crochet so I have my fingers crossed for you looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks good already, and I like the colors. I used to mess up with counting when I did crochet years ago. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy

    I hate counting too but it's a necessary evil! I just finished a zig zag baby blanket and never want to count to 11 ever ever again!!! I just can't rely on looking at it to work out where I am all the time - like you say distracting from the tv!!

    Hang in there

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it works out better for you soon. I think it is a lovely project. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, crochet is a hard work!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. Keep trying. Have seen a few around too. Still only up to just thinking about doing it. Go well and have a great weekend.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sandy I always love the colors you pick. This should look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are inspiring me to give this a try.
    Fingers crossed! :o) Best of luck on
    yours as well. :o)

    ReplyDelete