Sunday, January 3, 2010

Galloping to 50 Plus...




I love this horse drawing!  This magnificent drawing was hanging in Hubbard Museum of the America West in New Mexico and I couldn't resist taking a photo of it while on our RV trip to NM/AZ last year.  I have always loved horses and enjoy drawing them myself but my drawings do not compare to a real artist like the one that drew this.  I thought this photo is a perfect one to use for this post - my 51st!  I can't believe I have published over 50 posts.   


It's a good day to stay indoors today.  It's very windy here (with gusts up to 40 MPH), cold...burr...26 degrees F.  Of course it is nice and cosy in our home.  I wanted to let you "hookers" know I took some new photos of my crocheting and hope to post them soon.  


Happy Posting to all of you!


Update:  I discovered I took a photo of the legend for this drawing - it is very interesting and tells about the horse the drawing was based upon and the artist.




3 comments:

  1. Way to go on getting to 50.... I getting close to 100 finally... keep going it gets more and more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you have done. I guess Winter time is a great time to knit or crochet when you have to spend so much time inside. On our coldest days the temperature can drop to about 16 - 18 degrees C during the middle of the day ( zero on the coldest nights )but the sun is almost always shining bright and warm outside. It is a lovely time here.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous picture! Congratulations on achieving your 50th post!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete