Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let it Snow and Snow and Snow...


There's no Global Warming here Al "the Bore" Gore!  It started to snow yesterday and the weather guys were predicting a huge snowstorm.   We watched the snow come down while we frosted the sugar cookies.  Later that evening we went to a neighbor's Christmas Open House and it was still snowing.  Luckily they had a good turnout mainly because most of us live in the same subdivision so we didn't have far to go to have a good time.  It continued to snow into the night.



Isn't this a pretty view through the kitchen window yesterday?



And it continued to snow all day yesterday...



Oh, yes, I BELIEVE!!  And the snow piles up on the window ledge.



More coming down as night falls...



Snowing, snowing and snowing still...



This is what we woke up to this morning!  We had about 17 inches (we live SW of Philadelphia and just north of Wilmington, DE)!  Philadelphia had 23.5 inches!  In one day we had more SNOW than for all of winter last year.  I love it - it is so beautiful.  It reminded us of snowfalls in the mid-West (Cleveland and Chicago).  This is one of the biggest snowfalls for this area in years!  



Buried in...



Look at the snow drifts on our deck and porch roof!



Here's a closer view of our porch roof - isn't it neat!!!



Another back yard view - and even the garage got lots of snow on the roof.



Isn't it pretty with the sun shining on the snow?



Me...on a shoveled path...



Snow plows have been by...



Looking out the foyer at the snowfall...


Hope your day is as beautiful as ours is and that you enjoyed your romp through our snow.


12 comments:

  1. WHO-HOO! Sandy!!!!!!!!! You've got mail...I mean SNOW!!!!!! Wowzer! All that overnight is a lot. White Christmas for sure and if it keeps up a White spring too!lol. Well snuggle down and enjoy the Holidays my friend, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings....MERRY WHITE CHRISTMAS!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowfall, everything looks so peaceful. I am here in So. Calif. so I will not see any snow this Season. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.MY.GOD. That is totally incomprehensible to me! I found you by way of daisy cottage and I just have to say, being from Loosiana and have NEVER seen a white Christmas, I'm totally overwhelmed with these pictures. Absolutely gorgeous......and that I would give my left foot to be able to play in something like that. Not to mention to just be able to sit in a window and watch it fall. Could actually see the snowflakes design in your pics!!!
    Love, Love, Love it....can't wait to read your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was a lot of snow! Beautiful pitures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH..... CAN I COME HAVE A WHITE CHRISTMAS WITH YOU.. THANKS FOR COMING TO TEXAS TO SEE ME.. SENT U AN EMAIL OF THE PLATE... HUGS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU MY FRIEND!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, but it is so beautiful. I can't wait to drop back by your blog and visit the archives. I love the outside of your house and can't wait to see the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooh - breathtakingly gorgeous!
    a feast for my Florida eyes!!

    Merry Christmas Dear One!!!!


    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful house you have Sandy!

    We got 14 inches here in Brooklyn...the sun came out and melted quite a bit but I think most will last until Christmas :-)

    Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sandy that is a lot of snow!!!
    Here in GB everything grinds to a holt even if we get an inch of snow!
    Merry Christmas,
    Take care,
    Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW. Did you all get hit. Amazing what 22 inches of snow in one shot actually looks like. Haven't heard a peep from my brother and family up in Pennington, NJ.... but I'm sure they have been out shoveling too. Isn't it some much more fun to shovel, when you get to take pictures for you blog too.

    By the way, your home is beautiful, but I can't wait to see your garden in the spring. I'm sure they are spectacular.

    Hugs,
    Kate-The Garden Bell
    oxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how we wish we it would snow like that here in Alabama! I guess we will just have to live vicariously through your BEAUTIFUL photos instead!

    :-)
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! Such a winter wonderland!! Your photos are great. I love seeing them with the very clear blue skies. Certainly helps me to cool down a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete